Tuesday, September 4, 2007

[TND] 9.4 Beer Brats

I'm trying to get the most of the grill while the weather is still permissive, so tonight we'll be doing beer brats. The premise is simple. Boil brats in beer, onions and peppercorns. Grill. I am going to take suggestions from those more familiar with it as to what beer I should use, I'm thinking some sort of lager might be best. I've used ales in the past, mostly because they're what Dave had.

While we're appreciating summer, we'll do some lovely corn on the cob and some summer vegetable, probably zucchini. I may use something other than cumin to season it, as I've been doing that all summer, but it's so good it's hard to argue with. Cumin doesn't seem to complement brats all that well, however, so I'll think about it today and see where I end up.

I've got the next couple TNDs tentatively planned, I'll post that later this week.

No comments: