Tuesday, October 16, 2007

[TND] 10.2 Flank steak, roasted potatoes, green beans

A simple birthday dinner designed to make good use of the last of the grilling weather. I definitely need a bigger grill, the two little ones are nice for some purposes, but just lack the surface area that I need for my typical grilling ventures. I did the flank steak with lime juice, ancho chile powder, salt and pepper, something I did a couple times this summer. I got the steaks from a different place, and there was definitely a noticeable difference. The more I use the all natural, grain fed beef from Highland Park, the less I want to eat the stuff from the regular grocery store. I think I'd rather have steak of higher quality, less often, then the lower quality steak. Green beans were just steamed, probably some of the last of the summer. I did some of the potatoes with cumin, some without, both were quite delicious. I did have to roast them a lot longer than I would have thought, which is something to bear in mind for future roasting endeavors. I also recently saw a recommendation to try parchment paper on the bottom of the roasting dish to prevent sticking, I'll have to try that next time.

No comments: