Friday, August 31, 2007

Bacon

When I went to find bacon to go with the lovely tomatoes to make BLTs, I ran into a problem. It was all too thin. I went to a butcher, several grocery stores, and even the bacon labeled as thick cut was still about half the thickness I was looking for. The thinner cut works for wrapping things like asparagus or pork loin, but for a sandwich or even with eggs, I prefer about 1/4" thickness. It seems my options are buying a whole slab and cutting it myself, which I'm not quite sure I want to do, as that seems a bit much just to get it cut to what I think is a normal thickness. I think this may just be one of the downsides of living in a rural area.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

theo, I'll bring you back some bacon from the reading terminal market (http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/ )when I come back up to CT in 2 weeks. You'll have all the thick cut bacon you can handle.