Tuesday, March 11, 2008

things I should make

I subscribe to two cooking magazines, both of which I enjoy very much. Fine Cooking and Bon Appetit, two very different magazines, both of which I like to pick and choose bits and pieces from, as well as draw inspiration. I often times will read them when they arrive, think "ooo, I should make that and that and that and that." Then I put them down, and when Tuesday rolls around, I think "wow, I have no idea what to make."

So here's a list of ideas, some from the magazines, some from random places.

Dinners

Cuban burgers (chorizo and ground pork patties, possibly marinated, on sweetened buns with pickles and mustard and swiss. And possibly cappicola, 'cause it's awesome)

Peppered beef stroganoff (Jan BA) (creme fraiche, how can you go wrong?)

Middle eastern bison meatballs with cilantro-yogurt sauce (Feb BA) (this is what we call a "targeted" recipe)

Salt crusted beets with horseradish creme fraiche (Feb BA) (sounds neat, and it's fun to rhyme with beet)

Pasta with peas, cream, parsley and mint (Feb BA) (fresh!)

Lamb burgers with gyro fixings (haven't done them in a while)


Desserts

Caramel banana bread puddings (Jan BA)

Pomegranate panna cotta (Feb BA)

Lemon souffles with boysenberries (Mar BA)

No comments: