Tuesday, March 11, 2008

[TND] 2.25 Thai Noodle Soups

I love noodle soups. I am assured of ruining a shirt, but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make in the name of deliciousness. Bon Appetit had an interesting looking recipe, but I completely failed to find yellow curry paste, despite heroic efforts on the part of some of our regulars. I also had limited amounts of lemongrass. Finally, I was under the mistaken impression that red curries were in general hotter than green curries, so my attempts to make a hot and mild version ended up with two mediums.

The recipe was good, and simple, and I'd make it again. If I'm short on lemongrass again, and even if I'm not (since apparently whole foods sells it by the bushel), I think I'll peel it a bit more than I would if I were using large pieces, and send it through the microplane. Especially for a quick soup.

Two other notes: creme fraiche made both soups better, the red in particular. Also, they were both even better after a day.

No comments: