Wednesday, March 5, 2008

[TND] 1.29 Quiche

I made four different quiches using the same basic recipe. I used puff pastry for the shells, which I rolled out to be to make a crust. Layer of non-cheese ingredients, layer of cheeses, repeat until full, leaving gaps and spaces. I then beat six eggs and a glug (yes, a glug) of half and half, and use that to fill in the gaps.

The four I made were:

Bacon and leek with Jarlsberg and gruyere.
Ham and broccoli with cheddar.
Asparagus and leek with gouda.
Spinach and feta.

All were good, the asparagus and leek with gouda was definitely the highlight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I use Jarlsberg exclusively for my quiches and my favorite that I've come up with is chopped spinach and sausage.

Theo said...

I think if you can get good enough gouda, it's worth using, especially in combination with the traditional. But if it's not from the Netherlands or a former Dutch colony, I'd stick with the usual.